Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes - LoveLy Baby Quilt finished!

I have managed to finish my LoveLy Baby Quilt and I have to say thank you to "A Lovely Year of Finishes" for this. I'm sure I wouldn't have finished it for months if I hadn't had this "deadline". Just in time for the April Finishes Party!


 As I posted half way through the month for the Mid-month Check-in, I had a few problems to solve. The tags I'd added were sticking too far out. I unstitched them, moved them further in and now I like how they look. I unstitiched the heart I'd quilted on one of the solid pink squares and tried again. The hearts are still a bit wobbly but it's handmade, right?






To be honest I still have to iron it, again. I would also like to add Eline Pellinkhof's crochet heart near the middle, but the quilt is finished and I'm happy with how it turned out. I am very very satisfied at having finished my LoveLy Baby Quilt!

My Button

4 comments:

  1. Your LoveLy Baby Quilt certainly lives up to its name. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your special comment. I've seen a very interesting post about Artist Trading Cards in your blog and I am also very interested in the "Dress a girl around the world" project. I will be visiting your blog again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you blog on Lily's Quilts blog. I love your baby quilt. You did a great job. Don't be so hard on yourself. IF you don't want it I'll take it for my grand babies lol. I also am going to sign up to follow you thru e mail. Have not figured out Bloglovin yet.
    Kathleen
    http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your encouraging comment. Your Granddaughter is beautiful! How they grow quickly, just over a year ago my baby was tiny like her!
    I am actually going to try selling my LoveLy quilt at a local craft market to hopefully make a little money to buy fabric and supplies! Unless somebody else wants it ;-)

    ReplyDelete