Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

The Library Project QAL: February Report

I am so glad to have joined The Library Project over at Adrienne's Chezzetcook Quilts because at last I've started a quilt I've been wanting to make for ages. The Zakka Block Quilt by Leslie Good in the book Zakka Style. I have just the fabric I wanted to use and a lot of motivation through the quilt a long, so here's to a good beginning...
  

..well nearly a good beginning because only when I ironed the piecing did I realise I'd sewn two identical charms one on top of the other (the blue trees) and now I'm going to have to unstitch this part!


This is the piecing I was meant to sew there instead of one of the top blue trees square, it must have been hiding somewhere on my sewing table. Does this only happen to me? I'm lucky it's not much to unstitch!
I've changed the pattern a little bit because I had two beautiful charm packs I'd bought from Mad about Patchwork that I really wanted to use and they are 5"x5" squares. The pattern in the book is for 6"x6" squares so I switched to the charm squares and added another column to make up the difference. It works really well with the width of the background material too and sewing charms makes this a really fast quilt to piece. You only have to cut the background material!


 
The wind was blowing while I was trying to take photos and I wish I'd taken one with it half lifted into the air, it was so pretty! But I was in a rush as the sun was setting and only afterwards, looking at the photos, did I notice that somebody must have been sitting on the piecing just before I photographed it!


Linking up with The Library Project QAL. Love looking at everyone's projects and getting a good peek at all the quilting books I haven't bought (yet)!

Chezzetcook Modern Quilts


This quilt top is my goal for March for A Lovely Year of Finishes!

A Lovely Year of Finishes

         Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. How lovely, I am so into grey at the moment, it's brilliant in quilts. I have that book too, and feel inspired to pull it out for another look through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, Nesta. This looks like a fun project. I love the fabric you chose! Looking forward to seeing this come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pick! I love the colors you have chosen. Thanks for Quilting Along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is on my library project list, too. Architextures are the coolest prints ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to have a start on a project-I am glad I joined the Library Project too! Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had seen the library project sooner! What you have been working on looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zakka style is one of my favorite books. I love your fabric choices. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had not heard of the library project quilt along - thanks for sharing about it. I definitely end up sewing something where its not supposed to be, usually if I'm tired, that's how I know its time to take a break. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gray fabric with those prints and NO- that does not just happen to you! There are lots of times I'll get something sewn up and I look back and am like "how did that happen??" lol!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is coming along nicely.

    That never happens to me! I usually find the cut piece *after* I've finished quilting and binding the quilt. (Never in time to fix it...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how simple this pattern is, and I love the grey you are using--it really compliments all those lovely fabrics!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete