Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Bell Pepper Magnets - Zakka Along 2.0: Patchwork, Please

I couldn't resist transforming what were supposed to be Bell Pepper coasters (read my last post for more info) into Bell Pepper Magnets. My daughter Lucy, 16 months old, loves playing with all the magnets on the fridge. It's a good way for teaching her words and colours (and keeping her busy while I'm cooking!).


 So what do you think? Do you like this mini version? I used a glue gun to fix the magnet inside. The central slice of pepper is top stitched by itself and then I used the glue gun to fix it to the main part of the pepper. I don't usually use glue guns for sewing projects because I consider it "cheating". This time I used it because I can't buy flat magnets here so I had to use a rather thick round magnet that I couldn't sew around. It makes the pepper look quite 3D in the end though!

6 comments:

  1. Very clever indeed! (and darling!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever thing you! Very adorable interpretation of this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! They would look great on any fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your pepper magnet idea! I may have to try that myself. Your fabrics are just delightful, too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUst loved these! Thanks for sharen with us at One Sharendipity Pl. this weekend!

    sue @the2women.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnets are a great idea! I love excuses to make tiny things. I wonder how much longer it would take to make one that looked like it had been cut in half, with the seeds and white fleshy stuff showing.

    Are you on Kollabora, the crafting site? I think these would brighten up its home decor section considerably.

    ReplyDelete