Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

Yum-Yum Apple Bib - Zakka Along 2.0:: Patchwork, Please!

At last I've managed to finish my Yum-Yum Apple Bib, straight from Ayumi Takahashi's book Patchwork, Please:


I had some fun apple fabric in my stash and I also had this larger scale apple fabric:


So I cut out four apples from this and sandwiched each strap end into two apples. I stitched over the stem with brown thread to make it stand out.
This is the fabric I used for the back:


The only problem I had was with the leaf: the first time I forgot I was supposed to cut the back of the leaf and tried turning it from the side, the second time I made it right but decided it was too small. The third and last time I was, at last, satisfied with the result. I added some batting inside to make the leaf stand out a bit more. Do these things just happen to me?!


I now have to test it with my 18 month old daughter!!!

P.S. Don't miss our two part giveaway to celebrate our 100th Blog Post:.





7 comments:

  1. Hey, what fun fabric for an apple bib! :D Thanks for linking up at TGIFF. This is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 'these things' don't just happen to you!! ;-)
    Darling finish though and so clever for the tie ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute!! Thanks for sharing this with us at One Sharendipity Place this weekend!!

    Krys @thet2women.com and www.worshipingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute bib! Wishing I had a child to make it for!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! Great finish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I think you did a great job with it and I like the way your leaf turned out.

    ReplyDelete