The more you look around sewing Blogland, the more you find fantastic projects to try out. Here are five sewing and quilting ideas you don't want to miss. They are original, fresh and modern (with a little vintage/traditional thrown in too!).
1. The first project I want to show you is by Ali Burdon: Jar Covers! They are foundation pieced with selvedges. This project is included in Love Patchwork & Quilting - issue 12. Aren't they pretty? You can put a tin or a vase inside and voilà, you have a quilted flower vase.
2. I have fallen in love with this pouch: Double Exposure Zippered Pouch by Amy @ Amy Made That! Why do I love it? Because it has zips trimmed with lace that remind me of those beautiful Japanese lace zips that are impossible to find at the moment here in Italy (will somebody please import them?!). Another reason I love this pouch is that you can fold it in half and open it when you need to, so it's really handy and very pretty.
3. This project is a very clever and useful wall organiser with lots of pockets by Monica Solorio-Snow, who blogs at the Happy Zombie. This project is also included in Love Patchwork & Quilting - issue 12. I love her new fabric collection Sew Yummy (Cloud9). I couldn't believe my luck when I won a set of five inch squares of Sew Yummy thanks to Quilt Taffy's weekly giveaway post. Looking forward to receiving it in the post!
4. This month's Across the Pond Sew Along is featuring very pretty fabric origami butterflies. A part from deers, there are also butterflies fluttering about in the latest fabric collections. This origami version is too beautiful not to try out.
You can find instructions and examples on how to use them here:
Don't miss the Across the Pond Sew Along Flickr page, where you can add your butterflies too!
5. Check out the fantastic quilts Michelle @ Factotum of Arts is making, they are incredible, front and back. This is just one example, "Neighbourhood" quilt:
And the back:
Have a look at her blog, if you haven't yet, because she is designing fantastic quilts!
P.S. If you're interested in buying a copy of Love Patchwork & Quilting or subscribing to this magazine, be kind and use the affiliate link button in my sidebar. Any little money earned goes towards my fabric addiction! The links in this post are not affiliate links and I only write about things I really like!